Penn-Trafford School District has a new Administration Building. The district vacated its home at 1006 Harrison City Export Road on November 10. It had occupied that space since 1897 when it was built as a four-room schoolhouse. At well over a century old, that building would have needed close to a million dollars in renovations to continue housing the district’s Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Business Office, Student Services Department, and Human Resources Department.
After extensive consideration, the school board opted to purchase a 30,000-square-foot building on Randall Court in the Bushy Run Corporate Park at a cost of $1.7 million (approximately half the estimated cost of constructing an 8,500-square-foot new building on existing school district property).
Penn-Trafford will comfortably occupy the building’s second floor with room to grow, and has plans to lease the first floor to generate income for the district. The former admin building is being sold.
“We’ve had a smooth transition to the new building, thanks to the teamwork of our administrative, custodial, and maintenance staff,” commented Superintendent Dr. Matthew Harris. “We look forward to many productive years on Randall Court.”
The new building is not as centrally located in the district, but at only five miles from its previous location no disruption is expected.
The new Penn-Trafford Administration Building
Bill Csaszar of the PT Maintenance team was tasked with installing efficient LED lighting throughout the new building
Garry Hizer works on light installation at the new building
Stacey Speranza helped clean from top to bottom prior to the move
On moving day, the view from an office window framed the flags and the moving trucks
The former Admin Building is under contract for sale